Nestled between trendy West Highland and charming Sunnyside, Denver’s Berkeley neighborhood offers popular dining options, local art galleries, lush parks, and an eclectic mix of homes. This funky neighborhood bursts with local flavor and West Denver allure! Plus, enjoy convenient access to I-70 for a quick drive downtown or a weekend trek to the mountains.
Brick bungalows, simple cottages, and new townhomes line the character-rich streets of Berkeley, Denver. Ancient trees tower over many a neighborhood street, providing summer shade and city decor. Homes large, small, and in between rest happily in the Berkeley neighborhood, presenting a wide variety of home-buying options.
The Neighborhood Parks
Two dramatic parks provide open space and greenery. Berkeley Lake park spans 83 acres and provides visitors with a walking path, tennis courts, old oaks, a scenic view, and the William H. Smiley Branch of Denver Public Libraries: borrow a book, stroll along the winding path, then relax along the water for a good read under the sun.
With Mountain views, a small playground, and rustic lake overlooks, Rocky Mountain Lake is a weekend destination for all Berkeley residents.
Berkeley has become a Denver Dining destination in the past ten years! Cozy cafes and unique eateries line its popular Tennyson Street, along with trendy art galleries and other amenities. Home of Denver’s very own Cat Cafe, it’s clear that the Berkeley neighborhood is a step ahead of the cool curve!
The William Scheitler Recreation Center provides the neighborhood with both indoor and outdoor swimming and affordable fitness courses.
Denver, Colorado’s Berkeley neighborhood’s growth and development has cultivated a unique and homey vibe, unique to this northwest Denver location. Its varied home styles and quiet streets suit all lifestyles, while providing handy city and mountain access. With city-famous dining, shopping, and recreation, Berkeley is a true Denver gem.
1. Food. So many great restaurants just blocks away including Cafe Brazil, Parisi, Hops n Pie and more being built as we speak. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is covered and with hardly ever a wait to get in, it's hard to beat.
2. Parks. It's so nice to be able to have three parks to choose from in Berkeley Lake, Cesar Chavez and Rocky Mountain Lake close by, especially with kids. And running around Berkeley lake is so much better than running on concrete, especially early in the morning with the sun rising and wildlife everywhere.
3. Community. Berkeley has a small town feel in the middle of a big city. When going out to dinner, the park, or even across town, you'll always run into someone from the 'hood - very refreshing in such a fast-paced city.
4. Tennyson Street. It's fast becoming as refined and polished as other historic shopping districts in the city and that is what we love about it. Easy parking, lots to choose from - for dining or shopping or First Friday Art walk - and it's always a party.
5. Architecture. There are at least ten different styles of homes on any given block in Berkeley. We love seeing how people are transforming plain, boring ranches into hip, mid-mod designs or restoring a classic bungalow that have been here for a hundred years. It's also home to new, modern townhomes.
Want to know more about living in Berkeley? Contact us, we would love to show you around one of our favorite 'hoods!
Your Live Urban Real Estate broker is happy to provide you more detailed market data, and a free no obligation market analysis of your own property. Contact us to get started.
Terms and Conditions: The content relating to real estate for sale in this Web site comes in part from the Internet Data eXchange ("IDX") program of METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO® Real estate listings held by brokers other than LIVE Urban Real Estate are marked with the IDX Logo. This information is being provided for the consumers personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any other purpose. All information subject to change and should be independently verified.
Copyright 2018 METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO® -- All Rights Reserved 6455 S. Yosemite St., Suite 500 Greenwood Village, CO 80111 USA
Listing information last updated on August 15th, 2018 at 7:19am MDT.