LoHi, is the eastern section of popular Highland. Bordered by West 38th Ave, I-25, Zuni Street St and Speer. It’s home to young singles, urban professionals and growing families, who enjoy the quiet streets and proximity to neighborhood galleries, coffee shops and some of the city's best eateries. This emerging area is home to exciting new modern architecture, which sit along side historic Victorian homes and brownstones. The Highland pedestrian bridge connects the 'hood to downtown' action.
1. Rooftop Views. There's nothing like Happy Hour atop Linger (the former Olinger mortuary turned "eatuary," overlooking the city, followed by ice cream at Little Man. The elevation above Denver is conducive to some of the best skyline and mountain views.
2. Walkability to over 30 hot neighborhood restaurants, cafés, yoga studios and small businesses. And even a speakeasy! You can truly leave your car at home. Downtown is an easy 20+ minute walk across the pedestrian bridge.
3. The mix of old & new. There is no neighborhood in Denver that is changing as fast as LoHi is. It keeps things interesting and the marriage of vintage and modern may not be perfect yet, but you can never say it is boring. For every three new neighbors, there is another one who has lived there 40 years and has great stories that you should hear. You can have a shipping container home next to an 1896 Victorian and it makes for intriguing neighborhood walks.
4. Community Gardens. Stop by any of the cute community gardens and see neighbors hard at work growing their own dinner. Sign up for your own plot at dug.org.
5. Art & Theater. Every Friday, the Navajo art district is open with galleries like Next, Pirate, Edge and Zip 37. The Bug Theater showcases "Freak Train" every last Monday and I challenge you to find better live entertainment for a few bucks including a beer!
And pssst....Don't miss the Infinity Man sculpture on the roof @ 36th & Osage!
Want to know more about living in Lohi? Contact Heather...she would love to show you around her favorite 'hood!
Market Sales Data from Trulia is only an at-a-glance statistical look at this neighborhood's real estate market. Your Live Urban Real Estate broker is happy to provide you more detailed market data, and a free no obligation market analysis of your own property. Contact us to get started.
Terms and Conditions: The content relating to real estate for sale in this Web site comes in part from the Internet Data eXchange ("IDX") program of METROLIST, INC.® Real estate listings held by brokers other than LIVE Urban Real Estate are marked with the IDX Logo. This information is being provided for the consumers personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any other purpose. All information subject to change and should be independently verified.
Copyright 2014 METROLIST, INC. -- All Rights Reserved 6455 S. Yosemite St., Suite 500 Greenwood Village, CO 80111 USA
Listing information last updated on July 25th, 2014 at 12:10pm MDT.