The West Rail Line is slated to open on April 26, 2013, so SAVE THE DATE. RTD FasTracks recently released a before & after video, showing their progress along the 12.1 mile West Rail Line from downtown Denver's Union Station to the Jefferson County Government Center in Golden, CO. The construction progress shown in the video has taken place in less than four years.
Where are the West Rail Line stations located?
How will the West Rail Line connect to other Denver rail lines?
Direct from Union Station, passengers can already access the C line to the Littleton/Mineral station and the E line through the DTC to Lincoln Station. In approximately 2016, light rail transit will be available from Union Station to Denver Interational Airport (DIA), downtown Arvada and Westminster (71st & Lowell). Are you looking at properties along the new expansion lines? If not, maybe it's time to work with a Live Urban Realtor® who can guide you toward a transit-oriented future!
What is happening now on the West Rail Line?*
Civil construction (DTCG)
- West Rail crews are working on a few remaining activities on the Colfax, Sheridan and Consolidated Mainline bridges
- Storm water drainage work at North Avenue, Sheridan Boulevard and Zuni Street will continue through October
- Crews will continue to install elevators, stairs and railings at most of the West Rail Line stations
- Irrigation and landscape work continues at all stations and along roadway shoulders
- Construction activities along the bike paths will be completed in October
- Overhead Catenary punchlist
- Electrical testing at Traction-powered substations
- Signals system punchlist
- Preparing for integrated testing