Schedule of Race Day Events at Exdo Hall.
9:00 a.m. Get Ready! Get Set!
Register and then enjoy the festivities. Fortify yourself with food and drink, visit sponsor booths, strategize with your partner—in all, lots of pre-race fun!
10:00 a.m. Go!
First wave of racers is off and running!
10:15 a.m. Go, again!
Second wave takes off!
2:00 p.m. They’re back!
First wave is due back at the finish line at The Exdo Hall. You must be back no later than 2:00 p.m. sharp!
2:15 p.m. They’re all back!
Deadline for second wave of racers to check in. You have to cross the finish line no later than 2:15 p.m. sharp!
2:00 -3:00 p.m. Let’s party!
A rockin’ Post-Race Party featuring food & drinks and live music provided by the talented Dave Christie‘s One Man Ruckus. Loads of great door prizes will be awarded as you wait for points to be tallied and the check is presented to Habitat for Humanity of Colorado.
3:00 p.m. And the winner is...(drum roll, please!)
Be there as we announce the winning team who will take home the $10,000 Grand Prize!
• Safety first! This isn’t a road race. It’s a competition of wit, strategy and skill, more than speed. So, follow all driving laws and speed limits. Getting pulled over will cost you valuable race time and, of course, we don’t want to see anyone getting hurt!
• The race is designed to allow racers to create their own strategy. Because of the choices racers will make along the way, no two race teams will have the same experience, or visit all of the locations. The goal is to earn as many points as possible in the time allowed. Every team will have exactly four hours to accumulate points that will count towards their final score.
• You can earn points during the race in a number of ways:
- Visiting open houses
- Completing optional challenges
- Stopping by sponsor locations (sponsor diversions)
- Answering Race Day challenge quiz questions
- Making Facebook and Twitter posts
• Be sure to affix stickers and keep other items as official proof of completion in your Passport (see centerfold, pages 15-18).
• Teams of two must stay together and complete all challenges together. No substituting other team members along the way. Your official race T-shirts, your race passport, and the unique hand stamp will identify you as official race participants.
• Be sure to bring along a phone that takes photos or a digital camera. Use of cell phones, smart phones, GPS navigation, and tablet computers are all allowed during the race. They’ll be helpful for web-related searches.
• Share your race adventure as you go on Twitter - #racenextplace and on the race Facebook page - facebook.com/racenextplace/
• Teams are not allowed to use or hire a driver. You must drive your own vehicle and must abide by all parking rules.
• Each team must visit a minimum of five Open Houses, but you’ll want to visit as many as you can during the time allowed in order to rack up as many points as possible.
• At most locations, but not all, you’ll have the opportunity to complete optional challenges to earn more points (points vary according to difficulty). It’s up to you on whether to accept the challenge or move on to the next location. Challenge judges will determine if you’re successful; their decision is final. You can decide to walk away from a challenge at any time, but you won’t earn points.
• Sometimes your clue envelope will include information about a nearby sponsor. You can earn extra points for stopping by Sponsor Diversions, but it’s your choice and not a required stop.
• Your team must cross the finish line BEFORE your deadline, so keep an eye on the clock. If you are late, you are automatically eliminated from winning the $10,000 grand prize (but are still eligible for other prize drawings).
• Results will be tallied and the winner of the $10,000 cash grand prize will be announced at the Post-Race Party. Both members of your team must be present to win! In the event of a tie, a tie-breaker activity will determine the winner.
• Don’t lose your passport - it’s your official entry into the RACE! All of your points will be tallied on pages 15-18 and must be turned in at the finish line.
• If you have questions during the Race, don’t fret. Help is a phone call away. Simply call 303-455-LIVE (5483). Someone will be standing by to take your call.