Race Terms and Conditions.
Race Terms and Conditons.
1. Any eligible couple or team of two can register for a chance to participate in the race. No home purchase is required to win.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The “Race for Your Next Place” (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. Employees, officers, directors, contractors (and their immediate families living in the same household) of Live Urban Real Estate, Inc., Habitat for Humanity of Colorado, Guild Mortgage Company, (collectively “Contest Entities”) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, suppliers, advertisers, promotion agencies, and production agencies are not eligible to participate or win. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter go to www.racenextplace.com (the ‘Website”), follow the onscreen instructions to complete the official entry form and click submit. Teams who submit entry information through the website will not be guaranteed acceptance to participate in the Contest. Registration deadline is Saturday May 18, 2013 at 10:00am MST. Approximately 250 teams of two will be selected at random by the Contest Entities. If more than 250 teams register, participation will be limited to entrants that are currently employed, looking to buy a home in the next three months, and who apply for pre-approval for a home loan from Guild Mortgage Company prior to the Contest. Chosen teams are required to pay a registration fee by Saturday May 18, 2013 9:00am MST to secure their place in the Contest. If the entry fee is not received by Habitat for Humanity Colorado by Saturday May 18, 2013 at 9:00am MST, the team will forfeit its chance to participate and another team will be chosen by the Contest Entities to take its place. In the event selected teams are unable to participate in the Contest on Contest day, their status as participants cannot be transferred. All required information must be completed to enter and be eligible to win. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Proof of entering information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Contest Entities of such entry. Entrants must provide a valid email address and cell phone number to be eligible to enter online. In the event of a dispute regarding the individual who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address and cell phone number associated with the entry. The winner may be required to provide the Contest Entities with proof that he/she is the holder of the email address and/or phone number associated with the entry. If a dispute cannot be solved to the satisfaction of the Contest Entities, the entry shall be deemed ineligible. The Contest Entities assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries.
5. Teams will be presented with their Race Passport and T-Shirts upon registration at The Exdo Hall, 3545 Larimer Street, Denver, CO (the “Event Site”). Each Race Passport will include detailed instructions on how to complete the Contest. Participants will be given final Race Rules, Terms and Conditions, and an Agreement and General Release/Waiver at the kick-off event. Participants will be released to race, after the Terms and Conditions and Agreement and General Release/Waiver is signed, to locations across the Denver metro area.
6. Team members must remain together throughout the race and complete any challenges together.
7. Teams must receive verification that they have visited a MINIMUM of 5 designated Live Urban Open House during the 4-hour time period of the Contest.
8. Modes of Transportation: Teams will want to drive to Open Houses and Bonus locations that will be scattered throughout the City. Teams agree to abide by all traffic laws when they are in transit from location to location. Racers may not use any of the following modes of transportation while participating in the race: limousines, rental buses, taxi cabs, or any other kind of vehicle that is rented for a period of time. Public transportation, private vehicles, bicycles, and other human powered devices not listed above are acceptable. Mobility assistance vehicles (including motorized wheelchairs) by those who require them shall be permitted.
9. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to the top scoring team of participants (based on the Race to Your Next Place scoring system) who will receive a non-negotiable facsimile of a check representing a check in the amount of $10,000.00 (ten thousand dollars) made payable to the primary registrant of the winning team at the Celebration Event following the Contest. Within thirty (30) days after the winner provides Contest Entities with a 2012 IRS Form 1099, Contest Entities will mail an actual check for $10,000.00 (ten thousand dollars) to the primary registrant of the winning team. There will be a series of other Top Prizes awarded at the Celebration Event following the Contest. All Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions will be allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities, All federal, state, and/or local taxes are the responsibility of the winner. To be eligible to claim a prize, participants must be present at the presentation of winners. Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities and it’s designees to use the results and proceeds of the winner’s services hereunder and the name, voice, actual or simulated likeness, and biographical information of winner and or/teammate in connection with the Contest and the exploitation thereof (including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes) in perpetuity, in all media now known devised, without compensation unless prohibited by law. Odds of winning are subject to the total number of participants. The Grand Prize cannot be used in conjunction with a mortgage provided by Guild Mortgage Company. Mortgage companies may require the prize money to be in the Grand Prize winner’s bank account for a minimum of sixty (60) days prior to closing on a home purchase.
10. General Terms and Conditions: The Contest begins at 9:00am MST on Saturday May 18, 2013 and ends at or before 5:00pm MST on May 18, 2013. All participants must sign the Terms and Conditions, and Agreement and General Release/Waiver on location before participating in the Contest. All participants must present themselves at Event Site for registration on or before 9:30am MST on May 18, 2013 and provide valid photo identification to be eligible. All participating teams will be given a Race Passport with instructions on how to complete the Contest, and Race Rules. Participants must respond correctly to clues and challenges to score points. Throughout the Contest any questions from participants should be phoned to the contest logistics center at 303.455.5483, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions will be answered, if deemed appropriate by Contest Officials, in a timely fashion by Contest Entities. The Contest Entities reserve the right to disqualify any team of participants that in any way appears to inhibit the enjoyment or participation of the other teams of participants, by violating these Terms and Conditions, or Race Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
The Contest will have 2 waves, leaving at 15 minute increments from the Event Site. Participants will be assigned a wave upon registration, waves will be designated by colored T-shirts, and participants will be given a T-shirt corresponding to the color of their wave. The 1st wave will depart at 10:00am MST, 2nd wave at 10:15am MST. Participants will be given 4 hours from their departure time to complete the Contest and must report back to the finish line at the Event Site on or before the 4 hour deadline for their wave. Failure to report in at, or prior to, the 4 hour deadline for their wave will cause the team to be eliminated from the Contest. The Grand Prize will be awarded to the team that accumulates the most verified point at the conclusion of the Contest. In the event of a tie, the tied teams will be required to participate in a tie breaking challenge at the Event Site. Winner of the tie breaking challenge will be awarded the Grand Prize. The decisions of the Contest Entities with respect to the Contest and selection of winners is final.
By entering and participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, Race Rules, and by the decisions of the Contest Entities, which are final and binding in all respects. Contest Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (3) any computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem, or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Contest Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly, or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in the Contest or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of , computer Contest information. Further, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Contest Entities which, in the sole opinion of the Contest Entities, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest (or portion thereof), Contest Entities reserve the right , at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest (or portion thereof), Contest Entities also reserve the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the Entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any website operated by the Contest Entities; (b) using robotic, macro, automatic programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Terms and Conditions, conditions of use, and/or general rules of the Contest Entities property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person.
11. Limitations of Liability: All Participants agree (i) to abide by the terms of these Terms and Conditions and Race Rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and judges that are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest, and (ii) to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless the Contest Entities from any and all claims, actions, and/or liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into this Contest, any related activities, or acceptance or use of any prize won.
12. Privacy: All personal information included in all entries becomes the property of the Contest Entities, administrators, and Contest location sponsors. Participants give permission that any entry information collected from the Contest Entities, administrators, and Contest location sponsors may be used by Contest Entities, administrators, and Contest location sponsors to distribute marketing communication.
13. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR CONTEST ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF COLORADO WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATES’S LAWS.
14. ARBITRATION PROVISION; By participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees that: Any claim, dispute or controversy arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Contest or the awarding or redemption of prizes or the determination of the scope of the applicability of this agreement to arbitrate will be resolved exclusively by final private and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration shall take place in Denver, Colorado. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis and the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the entrant of the Contest Entities.
15. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED